Girl Scout House Agreement
The Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada (GSSNV) Scout Houses are available for Girl Scout troop meetings, overnights, various day activities, and various events year-round. Reservation requests for Girl Scout troop meetings must be renewed annually. Reservations for the new membership year are accepted starting in July each year. All other reservation requests must be made at least 8 weeks and up to 12 months in advance.
Use of Property Guidlines:
- Personal pets are not permitted on GSSNV properties unless they are a certified service animals or part of girl programming (authorization required).
- Illegal drugs, weapons and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on GSSNV properties. If you are found in possession of or using these items you will be asked to leave immediately and may lose the right to attend any future GSSNV events, activities, and/or be removed from your GSSNV position.
- Smoking cigarettes/e-cigarettes/use of tobacco products are not allowed inside or in the vicinity of GSSNV Girl Scout Houses.
- Girl Scout Houses should always be left cleaner than they are found. Those reserving Girl Scout Houses are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the facility before and after use.
- Those using the Girl Scout House must bring their own cooking and cleaning supplies, including trash bags. Trash should be taken with you and not left in the Girl Scout House.
- Toilet brushes, brooms, toilet paper, hand soap and bathroom paper towels will be provided.
- Any items left in the refrigerator or cabinets after meetings/overnights will be thrown out. If lost & found items are left after a reservation, they will be kept at the Girl Scout House for 30 days and will then be donated.
- Cabinets and storage space will be assigned at the discretion of the Girl Scout House Coordinator. All storage areas should be labeled and locked, a key should be shared with the Girl Scout House Coordinator.
- Troops are not allowed to leave Items out to be shared with other troops at this time.
- Girl Scout troops must adhere to adult-to-girl ratios, age requirements and safety standards based on Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints at all times.
- Each Girl Scout troop/group must provide their own First Aid Kit and all supplies.
- Troops must have an approved Special Activity Form on file with GSSNV for an overnight. Be sure to obtain appropriate insurance if needed.
General Check in/Check Out Information:
- Girl Scout Houses are managed by volunteers. The Girl Scout House Coordinator approves your reservation and has access to your information.
- Troop /Group meeting requests may be for 2 hour time slots. This should allow for time before and after the meeting for cleaning and sanitizing. And will help ensure the Girl Scout House is available to the largest number of troops in the Fall.
- Troops with younger girls should avoid the 6:00pm-8:00pm time slot.
- Requests should be made using the following time slots:
- Overnight check in time is 5pm at the earliest and check-out time is 8am the following morning.
- There is a $10 per night fee for overnight use. Fee must be pre-paid at least 4 weeks prior to your event. Fees are paid to the Girl Scout House Coordinator and are used to maintain the Scout House.
- Cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing to the Girl Scout House Coordinator thirty (30) days before the event for a refund. No refunds will be offered within 30 days of the reservation.
- No refunds will be issued for no-shows.
- In the event that a reservation must be rescheduled by the Girl Scout House Facility Coordinator, we will attempt to move your event to a new date, or you may receive a refund.
By clicking Agree below, I affirm I am responsible for this property reservation and have read and agree to follow the Property Reservations Policies and Procedures of Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada (GSSNV). I assume responsibility for the care and cleanliness of the facility. All adults and girls will adhere to GSSNV’s Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints as it relates to volunteer background screening, membership, and adult-to-girl ratios.