side menu icon

Frias Frontier FAQs

How can I prepare my camper?

In mid-April, summer camp family packet will be e-mailed to the caregiver’s email provided at registration. If you registered your camper after the beginning of June, expect to receive the family packet within a week of registering.

Can I drive my Girl Scout up to Frias Frontier for her session

Drop off/check-in will be at the council office, we will be riding a bus to Frias Frontier and returning to the council by bus for check-out.

Can my daughter request to go to camp with a buddy?

While camp is a chance for girls to make new friends, we understand the importance of experiencing camp with a familiar buddy. During registration, you may list the name of a buddy. Be advised, rooms are organized by age. All buddy requests are on a first come, first serve basis.

Is there anything my camper can't have with her at camp?

We do not allow electronic devices including cell phones, tablets, electronic games. Camp is a place to unplug and enjoy the out-of-door and their camp buddies. These items distract girls and doesn’t allow them to gain the full benefit of the camp experience.

What is Bunk 1?

Bunk 1 allows caregivers to keep connected with their campers by accessing a secure online platform that includes a photo gallery and send letters to their camper. The software can be used on a desktop browser or through an app. Registering to use Bunk1 is optional. 

What is Camp Doc?

We use Camp Doc as part of our registration process to collect health information and support documentation. Caregivers must register and complete the online forms as part of their complete registration. A registration link will be sent to the email provided by the caregiver when they registered their camper. 

What if the weather is bad?

The weather at Frias Frontier is typically favorable. Activities are modified in the event of rainfall or excessive heat.

Can I send mail to Frias Frontier?

Camper’s love receiving mail, however due to the remote location of camp, it takes a while for camp to receive mail. We encourage parents to either pre-write mail for their camper and drop them off during check-in or register for Bunk 1 and send a message via the program camper message option. Letters will be delivered to girls on the day specified.

How does camp handle unique dietary restrictions?

Meals and snacks are provided at resident camp. Please do not send food with or to resident campers. Day campers should bring a non-perishable lunch, snack, drink, and water bottle each day to camp.

We are able to accommodate a variety of dietary concerns. Food Allergies/Dietary restrictions are handled by the Camp Director and Healthcare Supervisor at each camp. Be sure to list any nutritional concerns when asked while completing your camper’s registration and Camp Doc so that we can plan accordingly and contact you if we have any question.

If you have particular questions, please contact the Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada at


When is final payment due?

Final payment is due four weeks prior to the camp session. Any registrations within four weeks of the camp session must be paid in full at time of registration. Caregivers will be contacted if there is a balance on a campers account. Session not paid in full will be cancelled if the caregiver does not contact the council office and settle the account balance by the deadline.

What is the last day to register?
COVID-19 precautions and medical care

COVID-19 Precautions

At this time, (May, 16, 2022) COVID restrictions have relaxed however we encourage members to maintain personal hygiene and social distancing when possible.

Camper Health Forms 

A medical exam is required only if the camper has had surgery, serious illness, an injury that has limited her activity, or has been hospitalized in the last year. Complete the health and medical history form and submit in your Camp Doc account at least three weeks prior to the start date of your campers session. If a camper will attend more than one Girl Scout camp this summer, please list all camp names and sessions on the health form. Make an appointment with your family doctor for a physical or to obtain copies of current immunization and exam records early.

No child may attend camp without submitting a health form.

Camper Medication

Health Center Staff (HCS) will work with your camper’s medication needs at camp. Questions about medications should be raised with the camp prior to the child’s arrival. To ensure a smooth transition, we recommend that your child continue the medications she needs during the school year at summer camp. 

If prescription medications are brought to camp, you must complete the medication section in your Camp Doc account. The container must be in their original containers showing the prescription number, patient’s name, date filled, physician’s name, name of medication, and directions for use. Any camper coming to camp with a prescription Epi-pen® or inhaler must bring two of either, one for the infirmary and one for the unit. The HCS dispenses medication according to the directions. If a camper refuses to take prescribed medications, this refusal is documented in the health log and the parent/guardian is notified. 


Camper with Disabilities

Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada makes every attempt to offer summer camp opportunities to all girls. If you have a camper with a disability, please call 702-385-3677 to discuss how we can make your camper's experience one that is exciting, appropriate, and fulfilling. The information that you share with us about your camper will be held confidential, shared only as HIPAA allows, and in accordance with your wishes.


Caring for an Illness/Accident at Camp

Parents/guardians will be notified as soon as possible should a camper be taken to the doctor's office/hospital for an injury or health condition and if medication has been prescribed by the camp's healthcare supervisor (HCS). The HCS or camp director will notify the campers caregiver of any persistent conditions or ailments. 


Care of Mildly Ill Camper

Staff is responsible for reporting any signs of illness to the health center staff (HCS) who will assesses each situation. The HCS may administer over-the-counter medications and medical care. If the HCS determines the camper should be sent home or seen by the healthcare consultant, they will inform the camp director and arrangements are made. In both situations, the campers caregiver will be contacted as soon as possible.


Are Camperships (financial assistance) available?

Camperships are available on a case-by-case basis. Limited camp financial assistance is available only to girls living in a Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada community.

• Financial aid is provided on a rolling basis if funds are available.

• The deposit is non-refundable and must be paid at time of registration. 

• All information related to financial assistance will be kept confidential.

• Funding for assistance is limited and not all requests may be granted.

To apply:

1. Complete the online camp registration form and pay the $50 deposit per session.

2. Once you have submitted the registration form and paid the deposit complete the online 2022 Campership Application.

Review and Next Steps:

• Campership applications are reviewed as they are received, and families will be notified of decisions within two weeks of review.

• Proof of income documentation must be submitted with the application.

• Final payment of remaining camp fees (after the deposit and any financial assistance) is four weeks prior to your camper’s session.

• Campers receiving financial assistance are subject to all cancellation policies.



Our camp staff are selected for their ability to work with young people, be part of a team, and teach and share skills, as well as their enthusiasm to commit to the values of Girl Scouting. All staff are at least 18 years of age or are high school graduates. Criminal background and sexual offender checks  are conducted for all camp staff. 

All staff attend pre-camp orientation where they learn or review camping skills, risk management, safety procedures, Girl Scout programming, human relations, and communication skills. Many of the staff return each year and travel from all around the world to join us.

For an application to work at camp, please visit our career webpage.


Weapons, Drugs and Smoking

Campers are not permitted to bring drugs, alcohol, pets, tobacco products, or weapons of any kind (e.g., Swiss army knives, scissors, etc.) to camp. All medication (including over the counter) is to be documented in your Camp Doc medical forms and turned in at camp check-in. If a camper is found with medication the staff will give the medication to the health center staff and the caregiver will be notified.