What'SUP, Girl Scouts? - Stand-Up Paddle Boarding
The stand-up paddleboard (SUP) craze is sweeping the nation, and Lake Mead is the perfect location for all skill levels, including those with no experience! Knowledgeable instructors will teach you the mechanics of a good forward stroke, proper edging techniques, and how to turn on a dime. They will be by your side all day to help you feel comfortable paddling on the water. All equipment, instruction, and a fun patch are included. This event is open to Seniors and Ambassadors.
- Meeting Location: Desert Adventures Shop (address below)
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Paddle, PFD and Leash
- Instruction from our highly experienced staff
WHAT TO BRING
- Lake Mead Pass or National Park Annual Pass
- Quick Dry Clothing (not cotton)
- River sandals or water shoes - no flip flops
- Swimsuit (wear under clothes)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and Lip Balm (a must!)
- Towel (optional)
* Lunch is not provided.
* There is a good chance that your entire body will get wet, please plan accordingly.
We are located in Red Mountain Plaza on Boulder City Pkwy, in Boulder City, NV. Click here for map: Desert Adventures
To enter the park, you will need to purchase a daily or annual Lake Mead Pass at the entrance station. Daily passes are $25 and are valid for seven days. Annual passes are $45 and are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. (https://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvisit/fees.htm).
DIGITAL WAIVER - COMPLETE PRIOR TO ARRIVAL:
Every participant must complete the waiver to be completed day before trip. https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/v/outfitter/
Troops must be chaperoned by at least 2 unrelated adults.
Individual girls must be chaperoned by 1 adult.
This is a member only event. Not a member? Join HERE!