Archery Badge Challenge for Cadettes (one spot remaining as of Friday 4/30 before waitlist)
Envision this: you take an arrow on to a bow, hook your fingers around the string, draw it back, eye your target, and release! Is it a bullseye? Let’s find out with our Archery Challenge program this spring.
Archery is an exciting sport that takes strength, focus, good form, and practice. This program will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself as you build your archery skills and learn how to shoot on a range.
Our archery instructor will take each participant through the important requirements to help you earn the Archery Badge.
- Get to know archery equipment
- Learn about archery safety
- Practice archery before you go on a range
- Shoot on an archery range
- Create an archery challenge
This event takes place both indoors and in our back courtyard at the Girl Scout Council Office. All necessary archery equipment and instruction will be provided.
Please be sure to follow these necessary reminders to ensure full participation and safety for every body.
- Bring a mask to wear at all times
- Bring your own water bottle
- Prepare to practice social-distancing
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Comfortably fitting clothing (not loose or baggy to avoid snagging and catching on archery equipment
- Avoid wearing accessories; earrings, bracelets, in-ear headphones, scarves, or anything dangling
- If necessary, hair tie or headband to keep hair from hanging down, or in face.
- Please bring the following completed and signed forms
This event is open to all members. Not a member? Join now.