March 9, 2020:
As we continue to follow the developments of COVID-19 (coronavirus),
I want to ensure our girl and adult members, volunteers, parents, and
caregivers that the safety and wellbeing of our members is always our
top priority. The GSSNV leadership team and board of directors is
closely monitoring the recommendations set forth by the Southern
Nevada Health District (SNHD) and the school districts we
While the immediate risk from the virus to the general public in Southern Nevada and the United States remains low at this time, the SNHD recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
- Wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect your home to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones).
- Avoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces.
At this time, we do not have plans to cancel our upcoming events
including STEAM Break Camp, Rock the Dam, Highest Awards Ceremony, and
additional trips and travel. However, we will continue to evaluate the
situation and make changes as we deem necessary for the safety of our
members and council staff.
Yours in Girl Scouting,